Is this product better than waxing?

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Bryan330i said:
It’s a minor ingredient. Teflon has been used as a MINOR ingredient in a lot of stuff including most all commercial floor wax. The key is a minor ingredient. It’s bonding properties are still only as good as the base wax product. According to DuPont, the addition of the powder may enhance the protective properties but it still remains the minor protective agent.

The key is to read what DuPont says about the products and the recommended applications. The spray is a “between wax” product, there are many of these brands around. The DuPont branded waxes with Teflon added powder, again, as the minor agent, call for reapplication in a time frame similar to all other products on the market. Why, because they are only enhanced with Teflon powder as an aide and rely on quality wax for bonding. Why again, because Teflon will not bond, thus the reason for the additive powder as a minor agent to enhance the wax properties.
Maybe that guy uses a "good wax" and then the teflon powder added and claims it be the teflon that protects the paint. When in reality he is using someone elses wax and teflon in his whacky patented mix and reselling it for big bucks. I say that conclusion/guess is probably the closest thing to the truth in this thread.

lpquick said:
Please, NOTHING but PURE ADVERTISEMENT! Every product that gets a good review is paying money to promote their products. A fine real no nonsense test of the top bidder.
I'm not so sure. I'm not saying I completely disagree but I don't agree, either. I have all three Guru Reports magazines and they've been extremely helpful. For example, they gave Zaino an overall score of A- because the shine is incredible and the stuff is just so durable (lasts 6 months to a year). They gave P21S a B+, stating it's the glossiest and strongest carnauba wax. Everyone who uses P21S knows the stuff is absolutely amazing and they don't mention the GuruReports Wax Test on it to back themselves up...they just know it's good, and so does Guru Reports.
The only thing I question Guru Reports on is their review of Liquid Glass. They gave it a C and stated that by week 6, protection was completely gone. Well I applied a coat of Liquid Glass on my G in the early months of last winter, and I had a great experience with it. 2-3 months after I applied, I still had very strong water beading and the shine was close to Zaino's. Guru Reports is a great guideline but in the end, you just have to use what works for you. Throughout the entire magazine, I saw no advertisements at all, except for the other Guru Rports tests.