Is this product better than waxing?

CdnH20skier said:
and youll get better responses.

Wayne? ever heard of this stuff?

Gary

In a word..., Gimmic.

Look up Gorillamarketing.com

It is "marketing" and people prove they will pay upwards of $60-$70 for 2oz(yes, no misprint, "2oz" of sealant)

You canbuy a detailing kit for that price!!

5 years, some paint has not lasted 5 years..., much less a tiny layer of polish, LOL!!

waynestowels said:
In a word..., Gimmic.

Look up Gorillamarketing.com

It is "marketing" and people prove they will pay upwards of $60-$70 for 2oz(yes, no misprint, "2oz" of sealant)

You canbuy a detailing kit for that price!!

5 years, some paint has not lasted 5 years..., much less a tiny layer of polish, LOL!!
That's pretty good Wayne, I guess I must be real dumb, because last Sep I bought some 5 star shine and applied it per the instructions and as of today it still beads water like it was new. Every weekend since all I do is wash and dry in less than 20 minutes. I don't have to worry about protection because it's still protected. Went to Pensacola, FL last weekend and the Braves game last Friday. I killed about 1/2 million bugs over the two trips and when I washed it today, all the bugs and crap came right off, no scrubbing, just a little soft mit rubbing with soap and water. Bird droppings from the beach are also gone. How many times do you have to wax your car in almost 10 months to keep it protected like this, how many hours will you spend waxing your car in 9 months? Not me, while your working your a** off waxing your ride, I'm enjoying the waves at the beach. Yes sir fooled the crap out of me. Took me for $50 +S&H. You want to know a secret! BEST DAMN $50 I ever spent for my ride. Maybe next year around this time, I'll think about 5 star shine for my car , but only if the water stops beading like it came from the dealers showroom. I bet you think your so smart, to bad you don't know everything. Why do use this forum, to learn or to give everyone a piece of your tiny mind. Don't try to answer you might strain yourself!

LOL!!!
Infomercial:)

Anyone that has ANY experience with detailing chemicals knows it is hype...,

Can you tell us the ingredient that would make it last 5 years?

Just to add...,

Steve Litscher from The Wax Test/Guru Reports has tested 5 Star Shine..., lasted 8 weeks tops (not anywhere close to the 5 years of protection "claimed" and for $60-$70 for 2oz..., again- HYPE:)

waynestowels said:
LOL!!!
Infomercial:)

Anyone that has ANY experience with detailing chemicals knows it is hype...,

Can you tell us the ingredient that would make it last 5 years?
Don't know about 5 years, just my experience so far. Your so smart to BS a product you know absolutely nothing about, never tried it. Yet so quick to tell everyone that it does'nt work. I'm retired military, I know BS when I hear it. I don't think your old enought to change your own diaper, never mind selling yourself as devine grace in the flesh. Talk about what you know and keep the BS to yourself. Hey you hear that, your mommy calling you, time for dinner. PLEASE! Grow up and act your age not your IQ. [?|]

Gee...,
You "sound" so mature, LOL!!!
WOW!!
I'm impressed with your "knowledge"..., Ya sure know a "deal when you find one:)
I have absolutely no problem with you spending $60-$70 of money on a 2oz bottle..., LOL!!!

(I think I made my point ot the other readers by now., the polish has been tested and is a not worththe asking price for a 2oz bottle
(of course..., you know what they say- "There's one born every minute", LOL!!:)

Lots of pro's have tested the product and found it to be nothing special(read: waste of money)..., no problem here:)
As many know, I am part of a circle of dealers that keeps on top of the products out there had have leterally tested 100's of polishes, waxes and sealants and share the information for the asking(as CdnH20skier did in a previous post)

If it is too stressfull to learn the truth..., keep spending $60 for 2oz of hyped up polish..., no biggie, your time and money, however, in all fairness to the other forum members, I must also share with them the "other side" of the product..., lots of money and no better performance than any other mass marketed sealant on the market you can purchase for $25 a gallon(which would cost $3,840.00 for 5 Star!!!!)

Seems kind of strange..., you only seem to post on the detailing forum praising this over-priced, below average product and not helping or answering and "real" detailing questions..., Hmmm???

(

waynestowels said:
Gee...,
WOW!!
I'm impressed with your "knowledge"..., Ya sure know a "deal when you find one:)
I have absolutely no problem with you spending $60-$70 of money on a 2oz bottle..., LOL!!!

(I think I made my point ot the other readers by now., the polish has been tested and is a not worththe asking price for a 2oz bottle

Lots of pro's have tested the product and found it to be nothing special(read: waste of money)..., no problem here:)
As many know, I am part of a circle of dealers that keeps on top of the products out there had have leterally tested 100's of polishes, waxes and sealants and share the information for the asking(as CdnH20skier did in a previous post)

If it is too stressfull to learn the truth..., keep spending $60 for 2oz of hyped up polish..., no biggie, your time and money, however, in all fairness to the other forum members, I must also share with them the "other side" of the product..., lots of money and no better performance than any other mass marketed sealant on the market you can purchase for $25 a gallon(which would cost $3,840.00 for 5 Star!!!!)

Seems kind of strange..., you only seem to post on the detailing forum praising this over-priced, below average product and not helping or answering and "real" detailing questions..., Hmmm???

(
All talk, teach me something, where's all the proof? Padding your wallet with hype! I simply said, I used the product and found it works. You never used it and starting bashing me and the product. I dislike being told I'm not telling the truth, especially by someone who admits to of never even used or tried the product, but claims impartiality while being part of a circle jerk! Most people reading this forum are looking for answers to questions they have. I look for the same reasons and when I find a post that talks about something I have experience with, I add my two cents. You on the other just mouth off it seems. No need to reply I haven't heard you say anything significant to add but ignorance. Your blessed in this regard. I guess the Navy uses this product because it doesn't do anything! You would know about not doing anything, that's for sure.

waynestowels said:
Gee...,
WOW!!

(
All your posts, count 5 of them do nothing but sell your wares here. Your just trying to exploit the forum readers for your own personal gain. I for this reason alone would never trust you since monetary gain is what your after. Knock everything except the product your trying to sell on our forum, How noble!

A sample of one of your previous posts. with many more to show your honesty! BS***
If cared for properly, Waynestowels.com Specialized MicroFiber Products will last you a long time (very durable) and give you show car performance. Below is a list of do's and don'ts to get the best "milage" from your new towels.

*Do wash towels before first use.

*Do NOT use bleach or fabric softeners or detergents that contain them(I recommend washing seperate from your regular laundry to prevent "introducing" lint or other particles to your towels). Also, I have found Dawn dish detergent(blue formula)to be the choice to wash towels at this time

*Do NOT dry in the dryer or iron. I recommend hang drying. Your dryer may contain dust, lint and traces of anti-static/cling sheets or other fabric softeners you do not want in your towels for the best performance.

*Do NOT use with stainable materials such as paint, ink, wood stains, etc.

*Do NOT use on painted surface if towel has been dropped or is dirty.

*Do wash if they begin to streak or smear.

*Microfiber Benefits- Microfiber is super absorbent, absorbing over 7 times it’s weight in water, dries in 1/3 the time of ordinary cleaning towels, lint free and non-abrasive and 4 times more effective than ordinary cleaning towels

My main concern is customer satisfaction and will help in any way I can with "tips & tricks" of detailing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email at sales@waynestowels.com
Please watch our web site at waynestowels.com for exciting new products, reordering and sale promotions.
Your support and referals are GREATLY APPRECIATED:)

Thank you! Wayne

It’s garbage-a complete waste of money, and proof some people will buy anything. Look to quality long-term companies with stable product performance. I think you will be happier in the end. You can look for independent reports on the Internet and also pay attention to what finer detail shops are using.

Last edited:
Bryan330i said:
It’s garbage-a complete waste of money, and proof some people will buy anything. Look to quality long-term companies with stable product performance. I think you will be happier in the end. You can look for independent reports on the Internet and also pay attention to what finer detail shops are using.
Yes of course detail shops want nothing to do with a product that'll protect and last for a long time, they'll lose business, Duh! Just like going 3,000 miles between oil changes, old wives tails. Todays better built motors with quality synthetic oils can go extended drain intervals, easily 5,000, 7,500 or even 10,000 miles. Yes synthetic motor oil cost more but by going 6 months to a year between oil changes, it actually costs us less, we use less oil and pollute less too. You don't find any lube shops extending anyone's oil drain intervals, because 3,000 miles is a marketing scheme. I can tell you have nothing to gain by losing people who detail and wax there cars with a product that lasts 10 months, a year or more. You would lose business, so of course I'm full it and your preaching the gospel, P$L$E$A$S$E!
I still see no proof. All talk, yee of little faith! I'm not here selling anything, just passing on my experience with a product I use. Your just blowing smoke to cover your own dealings. No one on this forum follows any preachers who justify there words of wisdom by taking our hard earned dollars for there own personal gain. Go find another forum to sell your wares. Bimmer owners can smell your BS. I bet you don't even drive a bimmer, just use this forum because we own expensive cars and your looking to take our money! Very SAD... Hey everyone check out his "profile". Can anything be more obvious!!!
[hatchet] [bmwkick] [boxface] [poke] [spank] [chair] [bash] [slap] [whip]

There is one born every minute, LOL!!
If you are foolish enough to spend $60 for 2 oz of polish..., well, thatsays it all, LOL!!

Use what you like, no problem...,
However, I will not sit by and not inform others that this product -

1- Has already been independanyly tested and falls VERY short of it's "claims" (Guru Report)
2- Let everyone know for $60-$70 you ONLY recieve 2oz of polish.
3- Is more about "marketing" than a quality wax product("anyone" in the detailing industry knows the product is marketing hype..., )
4- Again, check out the link I provided earlier..., you have been "duped" by the hardcore marketing factory, LOL!!

BTW, I am a "paying "sponsor", which helps keep the forum going so you can freely express your opinions..., no matter how inmature, childish or ignorant:)

I only made 5 posts???..., hopefully, you can count better than that, LOL!!!
Gee..., even on the left hand side of the post it has how many posts everyone has made...,
Now this is what I am talking about, LOL!!

Probably time for ya to chill..., your posts are sounding more & more..., well, you know:)

Just thought everyone "should" be informed on products..., after all, this is the "detailing forum...,
Below is a post from the Editor of "The wax Reports"

I think I mentioned earlier that Bretfraz has an "entrepreneurial magazine" that interviews the gorilla marketing company....they talk about how the guy who started 5-starshine uses unique marketing and an outrageous message to make big $$$ on the stuff. They have no detailing background, they're just marketing guys.

-Steve
GURU REPORTS: Unbiased, impartial, practical testing and evaluation of car care products.

Just thought I would add a little "proof" :)

waynestowels said:
Just thought everyone "should" be informed on products..., after all, this is the "detailing forum...,
Below is a post from the Editor of "The wax Reports"

I think I mentioned earlier that Bretfraz has an "entrepreneurial magazine" that interviews the gorilla marketing company....they talk about how the guy who started 5-starshine uses unique marketing and an outrageous message to make big $$$ on the stuff. They have no detailing background, they're just marketing guys.

-Steve
GURU REPORTS: Unbiased, impartial, practical testing and evaluation of car care products.

Just thought I would add a little "proof" :)
URL please, we want to know who Steve is, and what makes him an expert, besides you?
Anyone can copy some obscure paragraph from any article. I could do the same, what's the point? Gives us the link towel man.

The guy I use for professional detailing has been in the business for years and DOES NOT SELL PRODUCT.

Granite

His chemicals and treatment products are just name changed versions of popular quality products. These are used only after extensive testing of ALL available products to determine what works best on customer’s cars. I don’t believe he uses inferior products to gain repeat business as most customers far exceed the requirements for product reapplication anyway. Furthermore, it is clearly in the best interest of a shop to use the best product simply in the name of customer retention and make future work on customer’s vehicles a bit easier.

There are ways you can test the products yourself. I have done this with a variety of glass and metal painted products.

I saw a commercial for this stuff.

The best thing to do if you lovey our car is either listen to wayne how he details it, or if your lazy like me, just have it detailed every month. There is this cool gym i found in LA where you can go inside get massace, everythign you'd want in a gym, and they detail your car while your car while your in [:X]

But it cost $$$$$, but if you get 5-star i think you have $$ so $$$ isnt a problem [:)]

“Fluoroplastics are well known as "Non-Stick" materials and therefore bonding to other substrates is a problem. (Adtech Polymer Engineering)

I still can’t believe people would buy this product. We are taking about one of the most difficult bonding substances and proposing that an application on post-production, consumer-used and contaminated product will yield a FIVE YEAR BOND on a surface intended to resist bonding. [?|]