This sucks

l33

To each his own [drinking] . Thats what makes detailing fun, learning of and experimenting with different products.

i finished about 30 minutes ago.
1 coat z-1
2 coats z-5
2 coats z-2
used the z-16 tire stuff and the z-? window stuff
and cleaned inside.

Now i don't want to take it out and get it dirty. UGH my arms.

My paint doesn't leave a mirror finish. Is that just black cars?? or did i do a shitty job... [:o] im proud of myself

Aren't you supposed to apply a coat of Z-1 every time you apply a coat of Z-2 or Z-5? For example, it's Tuesday and you wanna apply a coat of Zaino Z-5. First you wash your car with Dawn Dish Soap (to remove the old wax), then dry the car off. Then apply Zaino Z-1 and while it's still there, apply a coat of Zaino Z-2 on top of the Zaino Z-1 still on the car. Then let them both haze over and buff them both off together. Then let's say it's the next day and you wanna apply a coat of Z-2. So you wash your car with regular car soap (and regular car soap from now on, until the next time you clay bar your car) and dry it off. Whip out the Zaino Z-1 and apply the Z-1 and let it haze over and then apply the Zaino Z-2 over the hazed over Z-1, then let them both haze over and buff them both off. I believe that after you apply Z-1 with the Zaino Z-2 or Z-5 and let it haze over and buff it all off, you're supposed to let 24 or 48 hours go by before you apply another coat...am I right on this one?

epj3

BMW_FaNaTiC said:
i finished about 30 minutes ago.
1 coat z-1
2 coats z-5
2 coats z-2
used the z-16 tire stuff and the z-? window stuff
and cleaned inside.

Now i don't want to take it out and get it dirty. UGH my arms.

My paint doesn't leave a mirror finish. Is that just black cars?? or did i do a shitty job... [:o] im proud of myself
Well, if it has clear coat, it should.

You didn't apply these right after washing the car, did you? A little water drop being spread around the car with wax will basically make the wax worthless. I've learned that the hard way.

MrElussive said:
Aren't you supposed to apply a coat of Z-1 every time you apply a coat of Z-2 or Z-5? For example, it's Tuesday and you wanna apply a coat of Zaino Z-5. First you wash your car with Dawn Dish Soap (to remove the old wax), then dry the car off. Then apply Zaino Z-1 and while it's still there, apply a coat of Zaino Z-2 on top of the Zaino Z-1 still on the car. Then let them both haze over and buff them both off together. Then let's say it's the next day and you wanna apply a coat of Z-2. So you wash your car with regular car soap (and regular car soap from now on, until the next time you clay bar your car) and dry it off. Whip out the Zaino Z-1 and apply the Z-1 and let it haze over and then apply the Zaino Z-2 over the hazed over Z-1, then let them both haze over and buff them both off. I believe that after you apply Z-1 with the Zaino Z-2 or Z-5 and let it haze over and buff it all off, you're supposed to let 24 or 48 hours go by before you apply another coat...am I right on this one?
WHAT.... The directions i found said z-1 once every 6 months! WTF, and i waited 6 hours between coats.... heres the link of directiosn i followed
http://www.lazaino.com/ApplyZaino.htm

a quote i found on the website "Without ZFX, you must wait 6 to 24 hours between coats of polish"

another thing i found on the website
Z-1. Using a dry applicator, apply a very thin coat of Z-1 Polish Lok. Do not wipe off the Z-1 Polish Lok. You may apply Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5 immediately, there is no need to wait for the Z-1 to dry. Next, using an applicator lightly misted with Z-6 or water, apply a very thin coat of Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5. After the first application, Z-1 only needs to be used every six months or before every 11th coat of polish. The rest of the time it’s OK to just use the Z-2, Z-3 or Z-5.

anothet hgin on the website.

5. After polishing off the Z-5 or Z-2 and before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2 you should wait 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees.

I was like 100 degrees yesterday.

Last edited:
That's really weird then. Because for the ZFX, the way it works is this: You take the Zaino Z-2 or Z-5 and mix 1 ounce with 4 drops of ZFX, shake it up for 5 minutes and then just apply that one coat onto the car. Then let haze over and buff off. After mixing, it's the same process of applying a coat of wax!