This sucks

I got the zaino in the mail today.

OMG what a headache such hard work. i wish i never got this [hatchet] . UGH!

Everything was going well at first, i washed with dawn, then clayed, then washed again. Then comes the hard part.

putting the coat on the entire car, UGH, then buffing it off. I feel liek my arms are going to come off [bigcry] [:(] [:(] . And i only did one coat of z-1 + z-5 so far [V] .......

Started at 2, now its almost 8, and im not even done close to being done.

I wish there was sumthing easier [bigcry]

I HATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTE THISSSSSSS!!! THIS IS SOOOO BRUTAL! [xx(] [chair]

Ashley

You should read up on Klasse Products, it lasts almost just as long and theres only 2 steps.
I had a hard time deciding between the two, but I finally decided I'll order Klasse.

You should invest in a polisher if you can. It'll save you LOTS of time and your arms won't turn numb! :) You can get one at Lowes (porter cable 7336 or 7424) for about $110. Well worth it if you plan on putting lots of layers on. Just a thought!

wood_e said:
Oh come on... I'm in terrible shape... yet I am still able to wax my car and buff it with my arms. I know it can seem hard but once you're done it's worth it.
this is my first time every waxing or polishing a car..... my family never wax/polish a car. we normally take it to get waxed at the 20$ wash, but im trying..

It looks great and all, but im too lazy to keep up with it, i might as well just take it to get waxed next time.... [xx(] you have no idea how tuff this is for me

BMW_FaNaTiC said:
this is my first time every waxing or polishing a car..... my family never wax/polish a car. we normally take it to get waxed at the 20$ wash, but im trying..

It looks great and all, but im too lazy to keep up with it, i might as well just take it to get waxed next time.... [xx(] you have no idea how tuff this is for me
its sad i once thought pumping gas was tuff, but boy, i didn't know what tuff meant....... im not even kidding. i hate this so much.

(i meant to edit the top post and add this [B)] , not quote myself... errr.)

Use ZFX instead of Zaino Z-1. I just applied a coat of Zaino Z-5 to my car today and it looks so seksy. It gets easier as you get better at it. And it is a lot of work, but one coat of Zaino lasts for over 6 months....that destroys anything else out on the market, although I apply two coats, once every 3 months (the coat I did today was because I was just bored).

I did ask for zfx, but the guy on the phone was telling me i don't need zfx, he doesn't believe in it, and in arizona sun, it wouldn't do much.

EDIT: Is it just me or does this zaino stuff smell liek cough syrup. The z-7 and z-5 reminds me cough syrup............ [confused]

Last edited:
Just curious,
Who did you order from?
If you are having a hard time buffing it off-
1- It is applied to heavily (I use 1/4oz to completely cover my car AND wheels)
2- It really needs ZFX for the best performance and ease of use..., really make a difference:)

l33

Although i've never used zaino, if this is your first time polishing and waxing the car, that is probably the reason. The more you do it, the easier it makes the next application.
If you are looking to try something else, I suggest Menzerna. They only make several products, but all are excellent. There is no layering 10 products on top of each other. No z-3543242002534 on top of z-3423423423242342342 [:)] . If you want just protectant use FMJ. If you want a glaze (non-abrasive polish) use Finishing touch glaze. If you want a polish that actually cleans use Final polish.
I know there are a lot of Zaino and Einszett fans on this board but there are other products out there.

Last edited:

epj3

BMW_FaNaTiC said:
its sad i once thought pumping gas was tuff, but boy, i didn't know what tuff meant....... im not even kidding. i hate this so much.

(i meant to edit the top post and add this [B)] , not quote myself... errr.)
Pumping gas... tough... Don't take this the wrong way, but do you have to wear a helmet all day?

I think taking a piss requires more effort than pumping gas.

BMW_FaNaTiC said:
I did ask for zfx, but the guy on the phone was telling me i don't need zfx, he doesn't believe in it, and in arizona sun, it wouldn't do much.

EDIT: Is it just me or does this zaino stuff smell liek cough syrup. The z-7 and z-5 reminds me cough syrup............ [confused]
i have some crazy wax that smells super good

Zaino Z-2 smells like candy, and the Zaino Z-6 spray smells like bubble gum. I think the guy you ordered from was retarded to steer you away from ZFX. Zaino Z-1 works just fine, but adds SO much more work. First you have to apply the coat of Zaino Z-1 just the way you normally apply car wax/auto polish, but instead of wiping it off, then you apply the Zaino Z-2 or Zaino Z-5. Too much work just for one coat!
With Zaino ZFX, you just mix 4-5 drops of the ZFX stuff into 1 oz of Zaino Z-2 of Z-5, shake it up for 2 minutes and then just apply it to the car, let it haze over, and then buff it off. Much quicker application process and the stuff makes the polish dry instantly so pretty much as soon as you buff off the first coat of Zaino and clean off the excess residue, you can immediately add that second coat (for added shine and protection).

waynestowels said:
Just curious,
Who did you order from?
If you are having a hard time buffing it off-
1- It is applied to heavily (I use 1/4oz to completely cover my car AND wheels)
2- It really needs ZFX for the best performance and ease of use..., really make a difference:)
when i e-mailed sal and asked him is anyone close to scottsdale, he told me this

I have a distributor in Phoenix, AZ

Glen Swensen
Phoenix, AZ 85024
(602)549-6439
Email: grswensen@earthlink.net

i called him and he mailed it, and i send him a check (no credit card fraud :p)

l33

MrElussive said:
Zaino Z-2 smells like candy, and the Zaino Z-6 spray smells like bubble gum. I think the guy you ordered from was retarded to steer you away from ZFX. Zaino Z-1 works just fine, but adds SO much more work. First you have to apply the coat of Zaino Z-1 just the way you normally apply car wax/auto polish, but instead of wiping it off, then you apply the Zaino Z-2 or Zaino Z-5. Too much work just for one coat!
With Zaino ZFX, you just mix 4-5 drops of the ZFX stuff into 1 oz of Zaino Z-2 of Z-5, shake it up for 2 minutes and then just apply it to the car, let it haze over, and then buff it off. Much quicker application process and the stuff makes the polish dry instantly so pretty much as soon as you buff off the first coat of Zaino and clean off the excess residue, you can immediately add that second coat (for added shine and protection).
When did this get so complicated. Aren't these things supposed to be mixed in a lab?

l33 said:
When did this get so complicated. Aren't these things supposed to be mixed in a lab?
Yeah I hear ya, but it's not nearly as bad as it sounds. If you know and understand the whole Zaino lingo you'll know why you have to do some pre-mixing before you use the Zaino. Plus, one coat of the stuff is absolutely bullet proof for over 6 months and it makes the paint look absolutely stunning. Every week-end I have people on the street telling me "nice car!" and I really think it's partly because the Zaino just makes my car shine like nobody's business. The Guru Reports Wax Test (non-biased) gave it an A-, the highest rating for any wax tested.
Basically, Zaino is a bit more tedious to apply compared to typical waxes and polishes, but it makes up for that since it lasts WAY longer (less maintenance, so you'll be applying Zaino much less often) and it looks WAY better.