Which wax to use on a black car???

I know there are quite a few threads for wax, so I figured one more wouldn't hurt anyone!

I have a jet black 04 325, and am looking for some suggestions for wax/glaze. I currently use Griots Best in Show carnuba, which looks great, but of course like any other natural wax doesn't last very long. I know that synthetics can cause a black car to shine like crazy, but have no color depth...

What I'm looking for is a good, easy to apply synthetic (glaze???) to have as a long lasting base, and then lay a coat of carnuba on top of it. Any suggestions?
(remember, easy to apply! I don't have a porter cable yet, and don't want to spend all day waxing my car... my neighboors already think I'm a over the top car freak!)

Thanks!!!

Big Daddy

ymol

This is what I use on my roadster and she is Cosmos Black! My shine is deep, looks wet and last awhile. I know that other waxes shine lasts longer, but I am sold on Zymol and my paint shows it.

Zymol Carbon

Last edited:
I use Zaino on my black vehicle and it really produces a very shiny black (even plastic-ish looking, if you will) with pretty good depth. One coat is also good for at least 6 months (but one coat every 3 months for a continuous "show car shine").

Based on what you want though, Einszett's glazes are really nice (they have different products for clearcoat and non-clearcoat cars), and P21S is supposed to be one of the best carnuba waxes out there, although quite a bit pricey!

Some people love Klasse, some people don't care much for it (although nobody is disappointed by it). You can use the P21S by itself and it will do its job perfectly for 6 weeks straight. Using the Klasse as a base isn't a bad idea at all...it really just comes down to how much work you're willing to do. Personally, I use Zaino by itself and it works perfect. Keep in mind that the auto manufacturers know exactly what a car's paint goes through for the life of the car.