Wheel cleaning

Purchased some Einzett wheel cleaner and tried it over the weekend. First impression was that it definitely loosens some of the grime, but isn't a 100% spray on/wash off product. I clean my wheels whenever I wash the car (once a week, weather permitting), so they weren't covered in heavy grease or anything. Sprayed the cleaner on the wheels, and waited 2 minutes (as per directions) before spraying with H2O. Like I said, the grime was loosened and some did come off, but I had to use the soapy sponge to remove the rest. Maybe you can leave it on longer, or apply a second time, but I'd rather sponge it up than risk damaging the finish.

Question: has anyone had more success with this cleaner? Is there any non-acidic product that works better (Zaino)? At the end of the day, is anything spray on/wash off?

Unless your wheels have a wax or sealant finish applied for protection, your not going to find anything that will spray on & wash off all the road grime plus brake dust. Invest in a good wheel brush. Coat the wheels next time you detail the car with something like Klasse AIO & SG. Protects for 4 months or longer. I even use AIO on all the windows including the windshield, front and rear lights , fog lights anything plastic, works better and lasts longer than rain-x.

Griots makes a great wheel cleaner that is pH balanced for the wheels and so does P21S. They work well and will not damage your wheels. You do have to do a little work though. I use a wheel brush about thirty seconds after I soak the wheel and then hose it off. Great results.

Avoid cleaners that say it works by spraying it on and hosing it off. Way to abrasive.

I agree about putting Klasse on the wheels too.

[driving2]

The only products that could even come close to being truley spray on, hose off are not good for your wheels. Treat your wheels like your paint and they will look good forever. Only use the wheel cleaner if you really need it.

Shop brush for daily dust-off

After trying spray-on, hose off, and wet brusing, I longed for an easy way to maintain presentability of my wheels.

I found a soft, dense shop brush in my garage. This is the regular, 18"-or-so brush we use to call a bench broom. New types are available with a dense, soft bristle head that isn't abrasive to wheel finishes.

I use this once or twice a week to easily brus away the dust on my wheels. Granted, it isn't perfect, but it really is a MUCH easier way for me to keep the wheels looking nice until my next, thorough washing.

Source

Only exclusive auto supply shops have them,,,like Home Depot or Lowes. [:)]

Just look for the densest, softest ones. They look like they have a sort of flocking on the tips of the bristles.

I talked my EXTREMELY fussy brother into getting one to try on his new G35 coupe. He begrudgingly admits that his little brother actually was right about something, & loves the thing.

You can get a bottle of Turtle Wax Wheel Cleaner, it's completely acid-free and it works pretty well. My favorite is EagleOne A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner because you spray it on, wait 10-15 seconds, and then rinse off and the wheel comes out clean. You spray it on the sidewall of the tires and it cleans that as well!