What material is the Dash Board?

I have a 01 330ci with premium, etc. The seats and part of the door panel is leather, but I'm not sure of the material of the gerneral dash board??

Can someone please tell me what is the best product to use there withOUT making it look shinny?

Thanks.

aNoodle

1000 Post Club
It's a rubber/plastic with a leather bumpy imprint. Underneath is some sort of spongy material.

I use 3M plastic conditioner about twice a year. In between, a simple damp cloth to remove dust. I never use that ArmorAll stuff, it just leaves a layer of goo on the dash that looks good for all of a day before it attracts dust like crazy. 3M does not do that. I'm going on 6 years with my E46 this fall and my dash looks like new. You don't have to condition it often.

303 is available at our Napa and Franklin auto parts stores locally, but I buy it online at Autogeek.net. Great product. Easy to apply and makes vinyl and rubber look great. It seems to last a while, but it is now my habit to spray a little on a cloth and use it for dusting my interior vinyl whenever I clean my car. They (303) have a website and will send you samples if you ask. That's how I got started with it.

Stay away from those products that make vinyl look shiny and greasy like Armorall.

[driving2]

Last edited:

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
I have used Armorall and all I can say is their wipes whether it be for glass, paint, upholstry, or leather are perhaps the biggest POS's on sale today. Their lint free towels even leave lint. Don't ever buy them.

There are many 303 products on thier website, I've requested a free sample. Which 303 product are you referring to though? Have you used any other 303 products??

New issue: Whats best for leather seats? Something that won't leave any residue?

Thanks.

"New issue: Whats best for leather seats? Something that won't leave any residue?"

Leatherique. Very good stuff for leather. They have a cleaner and conditioner. Pour some on the leather seats and rub it in with your hands. Leaves the leather looking clean without a shiny finish. Autogeek.net sells it. I have tried many products so far and this is my favorite for leather.

Try it. Good stuff.

[driving]

Shiny leather is a matter of personal taste. For me, I think some of the products I have tried make the leather too shiny and slippery. I have used Meguiar's leather cleaner and conditioner (the seperate ones, not the combined product) and it was too much for me. I slid around in the seat on tight corners. I also used Zymol and it was about the same.

Leatherique makes the leather look clean and there is none of that high shine. Again, it is my taste.

[driving2]

Have you guys had a chance to try out the Einszett line of interior and exterior protectants?

It is a German imported product ans the company is ISO Certified(very high standards).
303 was tested against Einszett and Einszett came out on top, longer durability, less dust attraction and a natural look.

Until I tried Einszett, 303 Aerospace Protectant was my favorite.
303 is now my second choice..., it is very good ..., I just have a "quest for only the best" when it comes to detailing:)