What About Underbody Cleaning?

Hey,

I love hand washing my car during the summer because it makes the car look great and I enjoy washing my own car. But one thing I like about my local auto wash is that they do an "Under-Carriage Rinse", something I can't really do on my own. What do you all do to clean underneath your car? Or do you not even need to clean underneath. But as we all know, during the winters the plow trucks are always spraying salt and that salt gets to the underbody of your car and if it isn't rinsed away, it becomes corrosive. What do you all do for protecting or cleaning your underbody if you don't take your car to an auto wash?

Thanks,
MrElussive

I use a good degreaser, spray on, let set for a minute or two, rinse well with a pressure washer.
(be carefull not to remove any undercoating with the pressure)

To be able to get everything under the car I use a set of ramps, first the front of the car, then the rear.

If you like to work on your car it is MUCH nicer to keep everything clean and fresh(not to mention keeping the value of your car "top notch")

Hi!
What I do is get a bottle of 303's New Aerospace Cleaner and dilute it in another bottle about 50:1. With the car COLD crawl under and start spraying. (It easier to do this with the car on ramps or SAFE STURDY Jack-stands. Start at one end and go to the other. let it site for a few minutes then take a brush and scrub the worse areas. When your all done. Back the car off the ramps and park over a lawn sprinkler. Drag it from front to back then side to side. Take it for a ride to blow most of the water off and inspect. If still dirty repeat steps. OR you can crawl under the car with a hose but be prepared to get soaked!! "Don't ask me how I know". [rofl] You can but the 303 here from Autopia