Still Using Your Cali Water Blade?

Hey,

I just wanted to share that I've had my California Water Blade for many months now and I still use it and love it. It saves me the use of a lot of towels and a lot of drying time. I have not noticed any decrease in its wiping performance (such as the way wiper blades wear down over time) and it still has not harmed my paint at all, from what I can see. My maintenance for it consists of swiping the water blade with a towel after every few swipes, and once in a while I (randomly) wash the whole blade with soap and water. I was just curious if others are still using the California Water Blade (or a generic version of it) and what are the pros/cons they have noticed regarding their use of it.

Thanks,
MrElussive

I still use mine and it's in good shape and just like new last time I used it. It's too hot here and I am not fast enough to clean my own car in the summer so I have it done but the water blade is what I used September through May.

I only used the blade a few times, then I started using the AutoDry stuff and now, when somebody told that autodry works by leaving similar stuff to window treatement to repel water (prevents the paint from breathing) and I have broken mine (left it outside full of water and temps got below freezing) I just wash the car, let it dry and then go over with a chamois to get all the spots out. For me, this method works much much faster than the fastest I could ever do with a water blade and I don't have to worry about water drying before I get it off with the blade.

andreyiv, you might end up with etched-in water spots with that method, and they aren't pretty!! Sometimes, the water spots are impossible to remove unless you actually abrade away the layer of the paint that houses the water spots with a circular polisher or something.

Oh, thanks for the advice MrEllusive. I'll sure consider going back to the water blade now, just have to find it, heh.

Yeah, I don't mean to "impose" it on you, I'm just giving the warning because I have some pesky ones on my paint right now and I hate seeing them, lol. Just wanted to prevent others from having to deal with them. [:)]

I know what you mean and wanted to do, I really do appreciate you doing this. You know how usually thanking posts come out sounding ironic? Well it happends to mine all the time even though I don't mean them to be that way, go figure.

epj3

Elussive -- I've used synthetic chamois. They work absolutely GREAT, but unfortunately they must stay damp, and only last about a year.

Works better than anything else so far for me. I do still use the water blade on the roof and trunk where the water lays.

Has anyone tried a Waffle Weave Towel for drying?

Has anyone tried the suggestions for drying in the sticky posts?

Just curious if you guys liked any of the earlier suggestions and if they helped any....,

epj3

waynestowels said:
Has anyone tried a Waffle Weave Towel for drying?

Has anyone tried the suggestions for drying in the sticky posts?

Just curious if you guys liked any of the earlier suggestions and if they helped any....,
Would it have any advantage over a synthetic chamois? I don't know much about waffle weave towels... and probably couldn't afford it at the moment anyways (...buying all this crap I need before college...).

My water blade is about 5 years old and works beautifully. Never a scratch.

My routine is to go over the car with a water blade once, then finish the drying process with a waffle weave towel. Great results so far.

[driving]