Repainting E30 Wheels Their Original White.

I have an 89 325is that is in the shop being restored. My rims are white, and I would like them repainted white. But I am having a problem finding a shop that can repaint them Alpine White.

Does anyone know of a shop that can paint them Alpine white?

I am getting them pwder coated, but...

Tom said:
How about getting them powder-coated? Shouldn't cost you more than $45 per wheel.
The people doing the powder coating are the ones that either cannot, or won't make them Alpine White. That is where I am confused, since I know nothing about the process.

My paint shop was looking around for someone to powder coat them. They are having problems finding a shop that will make them Alpine White. I told them that I would look around for a wheel shop that will do it.

Is there something about the powder coating process that says that they cannot be Alpine White?

Tom

Staff Team
Well, normally with powdercoating there is a set color that you can choose from. I'm not sure if they have anything that is as white as Alpine White, but I'm sure they might have something really close. I've had my wheels powdercoated at this shop before and they do a really great job. The only problem is that you have to send them in.

In your case I think painting them would be more ideal, but it won't be as durable as powdercoating.

If you're on NorCal, this is the best place to take it to.
http://www.wheeltechniques.com/index.html

Poweder Coating info below.
Crosslink Powder Coating
2310 Patterson Industrial Dr, Pflugerville, TX 78660
Phone: (512) 670-0334

FYI: I found a shop that will do it.

Andrew's Powder Coating

They will need a sample to match the paint. Apparently there is no cross reference between liquid and powder. So I am going to send them a mirror that was taken off of the car. The underside of the mirror has not been exposed to the elements, so is not faded and closest to the original color. It will cost me $85/wheel.