Removing paint overspray

While cleaning my car I noticed that it has been showered with paint from the front. I have no idea where or when. My guess is somewhere around where I work. There is a lot of construction on the street for about 3 miles and I think this is where it happened.

It appears as though it may have been windy and carried paint that was being applied. I am sure that it happened while I was driving because it is only on front surfaces and not the flat surfaces like the hood and roof.

I have tried everything I have and cannot get it off. I have used Zymol HD-Clense with hard pressure a number of times.

All front-facing surfaces of the car are effected. Does anyone have any idea on what may work to remove the paint?

Attachments

Bryan330i said:
While cleaning my car I noticed that it has been showered with paint from the front. I have no idea where or when. My guess is somewhere around where I work. There is a lot of construction on the street for about 3 miles and I think this is where it happened.

It appears as though it may have been windy and carried paint that was being applied. I am sure that it happened while I was driving because it is only on front surfaces and not the flat surfaces like the hood and roof.

I have tried everything I have and cannot get it off. I have used Zymol HD-Clense with hard pressure a number of times.

All front-facing surfaces of the car are effected. Does anyone have any idea on what may work to remove the paint?
Believe it or not, I think I may have that very same problem. On my right front bumper, right below the headlight and a little bit on the hood, I have these little white particles all over that feel rough when I move my hand over it. Clay bar and the 3M Rubbing Compound didn't get rid of it!! Do I have the same problem? I often have to drive past construction zones so maybe these little white spots are spots of paint caused by careless douchebag construction workers???
I will take a picture or two as soon as I get a chance.

same thing happened to me...some construction guy's paint can must've fell off his truck and on to the highway... i didn't realize that i ran over wet paint until i went to wash the car. white specs on my three month old black bimmer at the time... needless to say i was so mad. my buddy and i used the clay bar and meguiars quick detailer on practically the whole left side of the car. took a while but it came off. what a pain in the *ss. good luck, i hope the clay bar works for you.

I could not get the clay bar to take the paint off. A detail guy used ammonia and it worked very nicely. There are no signs of the paint and the cars finish looks great. He was originally talking about using acid but I’m glad something a little milder worked so well.

I guess the real problem is if the paint is oil-based. I think this was the case with mine because nothing I tried removed the paint.

Clay bar and 3M Rubbing Compound didn't work for me when I did it last Sunday. I think I'm going to try ammonia since it worked for you, Bryan. I think I may have some of the paint on my windshield too because I was claying my windshield and I saw some small white specs (although they are hard to see since glass is transparent) and it felt the same as when I was going over the white spots on my car's paint.
If I knew which construction site did it I'd go back there and kick some ass. [chair]

I have this paint overspray all over my windshield, alslo. So I tried spraying some ammonia on it and wiping it off, but that didn't work. So then I tried using acetone and that didn't work, either. I took a scraper and started scraping VERY gently at the windshield and this moved the little particles of paint but it would remove them off the surface of the windshield. Towels weren't picking them up either after they were "loosened" from the glass. The only thing that did seem to somewhat work was if I scraped at some particles and then scrubbed them off with a steel wool sponge thing. As soon as I get the chance, I'm going to use this technique and try to get rid of all the paint from the windshield, the right headlight, and the right side of the bumper.

I really wish I knew who did this.

Sorry to hear the ammonia didn’t work. Nothing I tried removed the paint but the detail guy told me he used ammonia. Hell I don’t even know what ammonia is used for other than its in some window cleaners.

I wish I could offer more help but when he cleaned my car I walked into the house to do a few thinks and when I went back out he already had the paint removed. It was like 15 minutes to do what I struggled with unsuccessfully for hours. I wonder if he didn’t use something more harsh and lied to me?