NEW 330ci, Any polish/wax recommendations?

Hey gang,

Have a 98 328is B/B and have just ordered an 04 330ci. (Can't wait!)

I have used Zaino on the 28 for a year with great results but what a ton of work. (I guess that's what it takes for a tremendous finish).

For a NEW Jet Black 330, what would you recommend?
Stay with the Zaino and pay some flunky to do the heavy rubbing?
or, is there something you all have seen that gives a comparable shine and "depth"? Done the Meguires, Mothers, etc routes and Zaino beats 'em cold.

Anything special I should do an a car straight from "the father-land"?

And is there a decent motorized polisher out there that DOESN't cost $300 bucks?

Let me know!....

GW

(I eroneously placed this msg in the other (E46) topic area and thought it better in here)

also, pls dont start that "AutoDry" vs waxing thing again, [chair] I don't have enough Tylenol for that again! lol.

But your experiences and recommendations are welcome! [driving]

I recommend Einszett polishes, waxes and detailing supplies.
I also have a few Dewalt DW443 polishers for sale, $129, more power and more speed than the PC:)

I totally agree..., except with the last mentioned product.
I have had the same results from the $25 a gallon local manufacturer product...,
The first three you mentioned are all good products too...

Did you know P21S and S100 is the same wax..., S100 is almost 1/2 the price and can be found at your local Harley dealer:)

Pinnacle and Trade Secret are very similar waxes(Trade Secret sales for less cash:)

Wolfgang is easy to use, but not the most durable...

I have a jet black 330ci also. Of the products i've tried nothing compares to the depth and reflection and ease of use of Menzerna. I use the micro polish (final polish 2), the finishing touch glaze and the fmj wax. Invest in the Porter Cable 7424 or the 7336 (I have the 7336) it will make detailing a 100x easier and its fool proof to use. For car wash i use meguiars gold class shampoo and the big blue microfiber towel to dry.

Klasse All In One, once. Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, once or twice. P21S as many times as you want. All are easy to apply and this combination looks great.

Also, I have seen Porter Cable polishers with attachments on many sites for about $199. I love mine. Griots Garage, Autogeek.net, and I'm sure Wayne's can set you up with a good machine at reasonable cost. Just make sure you use high quality pads and a good backing plate. Makes all the difference.

[driving]

Got it, now for the dealer issues/offers

Got it thanks.

Also got my MF towels, Thanks Wayne, they look and feel great, (my family thinks I'm weird!) lol

So the car arrives this week,... The dealer is offering to "de-grease" it. I have told them NOT to wash it at ALL! Anyone ever hear of the dealer "de-greasing" process? I've got a message into the dealer getting the head of the prep dept to call me and make sure that NOTHING touches the paint. Any knowledge out there on what the "de-greaser" process is?

and...

I've heard its best to wait a certain amount of time before cleaning/polishing etc. to let the CC cure.

anyone?...

anyone?...

Thanks

Last edited:
Hmmm...In your case I would not let them wash it or touch it. My car was already at the dealer so it had been sitting there for some time so they cleaned it and then let me drive off.

In your case, I think you should wait a while before you decide to clean your car...not sure though.

I'm not sure what "de-greasing" is and it doesn't sound too good hehe...no to that.

What is "CC"? :)

Thank you for the order:)

I am not at all familiar with the de-grease process..., never heard of it for a new car...

THe paint should be cured when you recieve it.
Look at the date on the manufacturers build plate..., if it is longer than 90 days..., you are safe.
Most likely it would becured before then..., just want to play it safe though:)

Tom

Staff Team
I've been a Zaino fan for many years, recently I had the opportunity to try Einszett and I'm very satisfy with my results. The polish was much easier to apply than Zaino's and the shine was incredible.

I would definitely recommend this product as an alternative to Zaino.

When I worked at an import dealer during summers and part time during college (way back in the early eighties), the cars would arrive with a waxey, greasey coating called cosmoline. This was to protect them form the salt air while being shipped across the ocean.
Removing this could be what they are referring to when they are offering to "de-grease" your new car.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Doesn't the car have a wax coat when it comes new from the dealer that should last a few months???

BTW, FX3 isn't it 325ic as opposed to 352ic?[confused]

[read]
http://nicoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44819
I highly recommend 5 Star Shine. I used it last Sep and since then all I do is wash and rinse my car every week. Maybe by this time next year the water will stop beading like it was new and I'll have to apply another coat, but for now I have more important things to do with my time other than waxing my ride every month. It's a great feeling not to worry knowing your car is protected and all you have to do is enjoy the extra time you now have.
http://www.5starshine.com/
No I don't work for them or get any benifit from telling you my experience with the product. I just want to pass on an excellent product that finally does as advertised.
Small amount to pay to protect an expensive paint job if you ask me. [cheers]

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
lpquick said:
[read]
http://nicoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44819
I highly recommend 5 Star Shine. I used it last Sep and since then all I do is wash and rinse my car every week. Maybe by this time next year the water will stop beading like it was new and I'll have to apply another coat, but for now I have more important things to do with my time other than waxing my ride every month. It's a great feeling not to worry knowing your car is protected and all you have to do is enjoy the extra time you now have.
http://www.5starshine.com/
No I don't work for them or get any benifit from telling you my experience with the product. I just want to pass on an excellent product that finally does as advertised.
Small amount to pay to protect an expensive paint job if you ask me. [cheers]
That whole thing sounds too good to be true....

Bmw 325i 7803 said:
That whole thing sounds too good to be true....
I know, thought the exact same thing, but I'm retired military and what got me was the Navy uses for 5 Star Shine. I know what the military goes through to approve a product for any application, so I thought maybe there's something here. I read all the reviews. Couldn't find anyone who used it to complain. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised at how good this stuff really is. Who knows maybe it'll last 2 or more years. My shine is still going strong after 9 months, no garage time, all kinds of weather from CO to AL, bird droppings and bugs, thousands of bugs. Best bang for my buck!

I think I mentioned earlier that a friend has an "entrepreneurial magazine" that interviews the Gorilla marketing company....they talk about how the guy who started 5-starshine uses unique marketing and an outrageous message to make big $$$ on the stuff. They have no detailing background, they're just marketing guys.

Check out this web site...,
www.gorillawebsitemarketing.com

You get about 2oz for about $60-$70, enough to do one car.
For that price, I can go up town and have my car washed, buffed out, and waxed by a professional!

There is no protectant that will last 3, 5 or 7 years. (some paints do not even last that long- something to think about, LOL!!!)

Teflon will not protect your car, as it Must be Baked onto the finish at aprox 800 degrees..., enough to completely destroy your paint(not to mention your interior)

Below is a quote from Dupont.

"Although Teflon® is an exceptional product when used as intended, it provides no benefit in a wax or polish. According to G.R. Ansul of DuPont's Car Care Products, Specialty Products Division, "The addition of a Teflon® flouropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon® fluoropolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position."
Manufacturers of gimmicky, over-hyped products sometimes claim that their products contain Teflon®, hoping that the consumer will believe there is something special about that product. Ansul also notes that, "Unless Teflon® is applied at 700 degrees F, it is not a viable ingredient, and is 100 percent useless in protecting the paint's finish."
This is hot enough that your car's paint (let alone your car) wouldn't survive.
Teflon® is a registered trademark of Dupont.
(Source: Grisanti, Stephen, "The Truth Abouth Teflon®", Professional Carwashing & Detailing"