Klasse,claybar, interior cleaning, and instant detailer

Well I'm going to ordered the klasse car care kit form www.autogeek.net. Its a great site! I was wondering how ofen I should apply the polish and sealant. My other question is about clay baring. Is it a gimmic or does it really work? I'm thinking of getting the worlfgang claybar kit. Has anyone had any success with it? I'm also thinking of purchasing a wolfgang interior detailing kit. Again, has anyone used this kit or can reccomend something better? Lastly, can anyone recommend a good instant detailer. Right now I'm using black magic and it sucks big time. Should I use a terry cloth or something like the absorber to wipe the detailer off.

Thanks alot guys! This is the first car I own thats mechanically sound and clean!
I owe it all to you (and the fine people at BMW).

aNoodle

1000 Post Club
Claying works! Not a gimmick. I've used a number of different brands, I don't think it matters. Clay is pretty much clay, just get a new one when it's no longer clean. It should last several years. I only clay a couple/three times a year. The last brand I got was Clay Magic.

I'm not sure what you mean by instant detailer. I use Black Magic on my wheels, it works great cuz you can get a huge bottle of it. I apply it with a paint brush. I guess they make other stuff, a friend bought some interior plastic cleaner from Black Magic and I wasn't impressed. It was like Armour All. I use 3M Protectant on my dash about 3 times a year, otherwise a lightly-damp towel to remove dust inbetween times.

By instant detailer, I assume you mean one of the spray on waxes you can use in between regular waxes. I use Meguiar's final inspection currently and like it. I have also used Mothers and it works too. Autogeek can sell those or other brands. Spray it on and wipe (There will be a haze). Then wipe it again for a nice shine. Use a good micrifiber towel. They sell that too.

I agree with aNoodle about the clay bar. Easy to use, just keep the paint well lubricated and it will be easy. Also, if you drop the clay on the ground, throw it away.

Klasse is great. I apply AIO and HGSG a couple times a year and it seems to do well. Apply the AIO with a microfiber applicator one panel (I use a random orbital polisher) at a time and buff it off with a good microfiber towel. Apply the HGSG the same way but do the whole car before buffing it off. I like a wetter appearance, so I apply P21S wax on top of it monthly, but that is just because I am anal retentive. It isn't really necessary but looks great.

Interior kits: You can get as fancy as you want, but a small California car duster to remove dust followed by 303 aerospace protectant (again, wipe with microfiber) will keep your interior vinyl looking good. Leatherique is great for leather and Meguars and Zymol are OK. I haven't tried Wolfgang. Interior plastic doesn't need much--I like Meguiar's clear plastic detailer.

Good luck.

[driving]

Last edited: