How Do You Wax an SUV?

I was curious of this. How do you wax the roof of an SUV? We have two SUV's and we have never waxed them, but even if I wanted to, I don't see how I could wax the roof. I am short and SUV's are tall....what do any of you do? Or what would you do?

Tom

Staff Team
I also use a step stool. After you've washed and waxed an SUV, you'll be so thankful when you wash your smaller cars. [|)]

I waxed the Blazer a couple of times in the summer (except the roof lol) and boy I can tell you I think I almost waxed on and waxed off so much that I got big muscles like Arny :D

How Do You Wax an SUV? - with wax and a towel ;)

I stand on the read wheels for the back roof, Stand on the running board for the front roof. Happy that I don't a have a roof rack. that make wax 10x more difficult and for snow removable.

As well, how many of you guys remove all the snow off your car bf driving. I hate I when people dont remove the snow on roof and on the highway all the snow blows off and blocks my visibility and worst the snow melts and refreezed to ice. now ice chunk come crashing down on my car

Yeah I know what you mean....a lot of cars/SUV/vans/whatever never really bother to clean the snow off the roof, then that stuff all comes crashing down on you when you're behind the vehicle on the highway. Fortunately, all of our vehicles are garaged so we do not have to deal with wiping the cars clean whenever it snows.

The roof of a pickup is easy to wax. I stand in the bed and reach over. Our X3 (if you dare to call it an SUV) was a real challenge to wax. Had to use a step ladder.

You have to be really carful leaning over on a step ladder... I found out the hard way. They aren't as stable on wet pavement.

[driving2]

DRWWE said:
The roof of a pickup is easy to wax. I stand in the bed and reach over. Our X3 (if you dare to call it an SUV) was a real challenge to wax. Had to use a step ladder.

You have to be really carful leaning over on a step ladder... I found out the hard way. They aren't as stable on wet pavement.

[driving2]
[idea] Wax for your new X3 14.00
Ladder to wax the top 25.00
Busting your ass because the pavement was wet infront of your
yuppy ass neighbors!!!!!!!!!!!
[thumb] PRICELESS

Just clownin' on you man....that is pretty funny though.

tool fan said:
[idea] Wax for your new X3 14.00
Ladder to wax the top 25.00
Busting your ass because the pavement was wet infront of your
yuppy ass neighbors!!!!!!!!!!!
[thumb] PRICELESS

Just clownin' on you man....that is pretty funny though.
You know you only say that because you've had the same experience yourself. [:p]

i only waxed my roof once! on my 3er.. i opend up the sunroof and poked my body through [:p] it's way easier to do it that way than reaching up or even using a step ladder.. but i rarely wax the roof so, its ont that big a deal for me.

and i totally agree w/ Emile's point on 95%+ never waxing their SUV. my parents had a suv at one time or another for the past 10 years, i don't think they ever waxed it. (i'm guilty too, but it's not my ride, so i didn't bother..

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Nataku said:
How Do You Wax an SUV? - with wax and a towel ;)

I stand on the read wheels for the back roof, Stand on the running board for the front roof. Happy that I don't a have a roof rack. that make wax 10x more difficult and for snow removable.

As well, how many of you guys remove all the snow off your car bf driving. I hate I when people dont remove the snow on roof and on the highway all the snow blows off and blocks my visibility and worst the snow melts and refreezed to ice. now ice chunk come crashing down on my car
Oh I do that ALL THE TIME! I leave the snow on the hood and the roof and then when you get on the highway and start accelerating, it's such a rush when all the snow flies off the roof and windshield... [hihi] I even have to turn my wipers on simultaneously with the driver behind me [clap] [clap] That's just about the only good spillover effect from a snowstorm.

Glad you brought it up, hope if you're ever behind me you enjoy it as much as I do [driving2] Free carwash anyone? [rofl]

[joke] But this does get my 1000th post's approval.

how to wax an suv?

you can either stand on the tires like some one said or open the doors and stand on the side of the floor . thats the way we do it at our shop on x5s all the time

lyfsajurny

we use a more simple method....an overturned wash bucket...the tall variety, allows you to reach exactly half the roof!

ps to mr ellusive.....youll have to take the bucket around the car to get to the other side ;0

I use a stepladder. I don't have enough disability insurance for me to get on top of an overturned bucket. Important to not wear a belt or anything that can scratch the paint when leaning over to reach the roof.

[driving2]