Electric Leaf Blower?

Hey,

I believe some of you use an electric leaf blower to dry your cars off after they have been washed? Can somebody recommend one for me (where to purchase online), I really don't know where to look.

Edit: Never mind, eBay has some for damn cheap. Just another question: how effective is this process and being that it's MrE + electricity + water, doesn't this make for not the greatest combo?

Thanks,
MrElussive

Last edited:
Emile
Wow I never thought of that. I would think you would just use the blower to get off most (if not all) on the wet areas of the car. Kind of like what the drive through car washes have, only you can be much more percise. I think that process would be pretty effective... just wipe up some spots with a small towel if you missed any.

Again... this is all my speculation.

I use a "B&D" Leaf Hog(electric) and recently ordered a rechargable battery blower from Amazon.com
I have been using a leaf blower for a long time(you can read more on drying on the sticky post, top of the forum:)

Where to buy a leaf blower? Sears. OSH. Home Depot. Lowes. No need to go online, just drive across town. I have a Craftsman electric leaf blower and it works quite well. If you are just going to use it on your car then you don't need one that vacuums and shreds leaves, just get a basic one. They all blow air.

[driving2]

BMW_FaNaTiC said:
I would be too embarresed to use and electric leaf blower on the car. God i'd look like a raging dork to my neighbors, they already think im weird.
That makes it that much more fun..., keep 'em guessing!!

BMW_FaNaTiC said:
I would be too embarresed to use and electric leaf blower on the car. God i'd look like a raging dork to my neighbors, they already think im weird.
I can understand that, but you'll easily have the last laugh when your neighbors' cars look like shit and yours is sparkling clean. But fortunately for me, where I wash my car in my driveway, I am not exposed to the neighbors.

This thread reminds me of the spray wax commercial: One person is using BrandX spray wax and his neighbor is using a huge gas trimmer with a big buffing pad attachment. Was pretty funny. Anybody else see it.

aNoodle

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I wouldn't want to blow air on the car if I was planning on detailing after the wash. If I'm waxing, the car takes two turns in the cul-de-sac to shake off some water, then straight into the garage away from dust for a chamois and waxing.

HornyHornet said:
This thread reminds me of the spray wax commercial: One person is using BrandX spray wax and his neighbor is using a huge gas trimmer with a big buffing pad attachment. Was pretty funny. Anybody else see it.
was thinking the exact same thing.. I saw it. That guy had a mustang and the other had a jetta.

aNoodle said:
Yeah, I wouldn't want to blow air on the car if I was planning on detailing after the wash. If I'm waxing, the car takes two turns in the cul-de-sac to shake off some water, then straight into the garage away from dust for a chamois and waxing.
The leafblower will actually help keep dust and other matter off your car.
Pollen can be so bad at times I use it to remove dust while polishing and/or waxing.
As long as you are not pointing it towards the ground, you will remove dust and debris that may happen to fall on the finish..., not to mention drying the wheels and tires that would kick up dirt from the road from driving.

My theory is..., as long as it works for you:)
Different systems for different people. It is interesting to hear all the different methods people use when detailing(or anything else for that matter)
Just a different road to the same destination:)