Detailed the 750iL

Big Daddy

Today I detailed the 750iL using the Dawn dishsoap wax stripping method. I would normally use Zymol HD Cleanse, however I thought I would try the Dawn method. I am surprised and pleased to tell you it worked! It takes a lot less effort than does the HD method. After drying the car it took all the wax as evidenced by the feel of the paint afterwards...no slip, just dry, rough no wax feel!

I then put two coats of Zymol Carbon wax on her. I waxed the plastic trim with Zymol detail wax and used Wheel wax on the rims. Man does she look good! [thumb] I also used Rainx on all the glass, and even waxed the door jambs. I feel good and am proud of myself, as Howard Dean would say, yeeeeewaaaaaaaaaa![rofl]

BD,
I just found some bird droppings on my hood and sprayed it off with a hose as soon as I saw it. Later, I noticed a very subtle discoloration where the stain was. What is the best product to use to get rid of this? I've heard the Zymol HD Cleanse does a good job, but would the dawn method work to remove the stain? My car is about 5 months old and I haven't detailed it yet.

Thanks,
Bill

Big Daddy

The Dawn might get that, however if it won't I know the HD cleanse will. The most important thing with bird droppings is to get them off the paint ASAP as the acid in them will eat away at your clear coat.

750iL

l33

pietsch said:
BD,
I just found some bird droppings on my hood and sprayed it off with a hose as soon as I saw it. Later, I noticed a very subtle discoloration where the stain was. What is the best product to use to get rid of this? I've heard the Zymol HD Cleanse does a good job, but would the dawn method work to remove the stain? My car is about 5 months old and I haven't detailed it yet.

Thanks,
Bill
If it's recent use some quick detail spray, with the hose you just removed the top layer of poop.

Hi,

I didn't have the time to do a full detailing but I did wash the car with Dawn and used the Zymol Cleaner Wax and it did the trick! No more bird splatter stains! The cleaner wax application was very easy. Smells nice too.

Bill