Cleaning and Reusing Microfiber Towels

brianb

How do you clean your microfiber towels?

If I use a towel to clean my class, can I then use that same towel to clean my leather seats (after washing)? Or even after washing do you keep them separately?

Brian

Tom

Staff Team
I just use dawn to wash mine by hand. I was told to never use detergent or bleach. I do keep my towels seperately though.

Tom said:
I just use dawn to wash mine by hand. I was told to never use detergent or bleach. I do keep my towels seperately though.
you may want to try the search.
I did a complete write up on towel care..., not long ago..

For some reason I could not find it either...,
I made a couple of posts on microfiber care and performance and they seem to have sisappeared...

Anyhow...,
Microfiber Care Information

Below is a list of do's and don'ts to get the best "mileage" from your towels

*Do wash towels before first use.
*Do NOT use bleach or fabric softeners or detergents that contain them(I recommend washing seperate from your regular laundry to prevent "introducing" lint or other particles to your towels). Also, I have found Dawn dish detergent(blue formula)to be the choice to wash towels.
*Do NOT dry in the dryer or iron. I recommend hang drying. Your dryer may contain dust, lint and traces of anti-static/cling sheets or other fabric softeners you do not want in your towels for the best performance.
*Do NOT use with stainable materials such as paint, ink, wood stains, etc.
*Do NOT use on painted surface if towel has been dropped or is dirty.
*Do wash if they begin to streak or smear.

I "pre-wash" them seperately in a 5 gallon bucket with Dawn detergent and if needed, a citrus cleaner using mid-hot water, rinse well, then just throw them all in the washer together.

"Technically" you should wash seperately, but I have not had any type problems..., just make sure the pre-wash is thorough.