Bug OFF! ??? your best way to remove deceased critters from hood...

JUST picked up the new 330ci and ...
now before I've had a chance to hit it with AIO and Klasse polish, I have %$#'ing bug guts on the black hood!

(Damn!)

Anywho, what are your recommendations on getting these corpses and their toxic and hard to remove final residue off what only 5 days ago was a pristine black hood from "the fatherland"?

I know about the soaked kleenex method to get as much debris off without scratching, but can you recommend anything further?

I'd like to get every and all traces of their impact and quick demise off the hood.

Let me know!

Thanks

Big Daddy

Bugs and their remains should be removed ASAP as they can etch the paint. I wash the car with Dawn dish soap and if any remains are still visible I then use Zymol HD Cleanse. Another method, after the car has been waxed is Z3 wipes, a mosit towelet that can be purchased from HMS Motorsports or Z3 Solutions.

rpms44

GW,
I have the same problem, I work mostly 3-11pm, so I am always driving home in the dark, consequently I get lots of bugs on the front of the car, while the rest of the car is relatively clean. Try using Meguir's QUICK DETAILER, I find it to be a great product. Use terry cloth towel, spray, spread, turn towel and wipe off. I went to a Porsche concour last weekend with a buddy, and they were giving it out there as well. Give it a whirl !

Chris

rpms44 said:
GW,
I have the same problem, I work mostly 3-11pm, so I am always driving home in the dark, consequently I get lots of bugs on the front of the car, while the rest of the car is relatively clean. Try using Meguir's QUICK DETAILER, I find it to be a great product. Use terry cloth towel, spray, spread, turn towel and wipe off. I went to a Porsche concour last weekend with a buddy, and they were giving it out there as well. Give it a whirl !

Chris
If you ever decide to apply 5 star Finish, you'll remove bugs and bird dropping by just hosing them off, using your wash mitt with soap and water, no scrubbing. I agree with Big Daddy, you have to remove the waste as soon as possible. Good luck! [cheers]
Enjoy your ride dude.

l33

CdnH20skier said:
I think you're right, kleenex first to soak them, wash it, (gently) then a claybar to get the rest of the residue.

Thanks.
I'm curious to hear your results with the claybar on the jet black. I have the same color and was wondering if you get any swirls were you use the clay. What type of clay do use?

aNoodle

1000 Post Club
I've been claying my car for years....no swirls here. The brand of clay doesn't matter...just be sure to replace it often so you're not smearing a dirty one over your car. (I've used Clay Magic and...jeez...now I've forgotten the name of the other one.)

Best thing on the bug front, as Big D points out, is to get them off as soon as possible. You gotta keep a good layer of wax on the car at all times, then they'll come off real easy. If not, claying helps. I also have a can of tar and bug remover that i use on real bad critters. But if i keep the layers of wax up, then they almost always just wash away without having to resort to anything special.

Right.

The buggah is that I didnt get ANYTHING on the new car/paint before the insects were sacrificed to my eventual aggrivation.

So now its going to kill me to have a permanent etching.

So an immediate soft wash etc when I get home tonight and finish up with some KS and DS. Hope that works. I have the claybar from Waynes Towels. I'll letcha know how it goes. Thanks for the great info!

Gary

Just pickup a bottle of bug & tar remover. It works extremely well (also work on tree sap and bird shit)...just apply some onto the area and wipe off with a dry towel. It couldn't be any easier or faster...it's amazing how the right tools can make the job SO much easier.
Before I had a bug & tar remover, bird shit and tree sap used to be my worst nightmares but now when it happens (on those rare unlucky occasions), I just laugh because I know how easily I can take care of it.

aNoodle

1000 Post Club
MrElussive said:
Just pickup a bottle of bug & tar remover. It works extremely well (also work on tree sap and bird shit)...just apply some onto the area and wipe off with a dry towel. It couldn't be any easier or faster...it's amazing how the right tools can make the job SO much easier.
Before I had a bug & tar remover, bird shit and tree sap used to be my worst nightmares but now when it happens (on those rare unlucky occasions), I just laugh because I know how easily I can take care of it.
So true MrE.

ronskal

Baking Soda and water mixed to your liking. The PH and chemical properties of this mix is tailor made for removing proteins such as bugs.

It also won't strip off your wax like some of the detergents and petroleum solvent based cleaners can do.