best way to protect brand new finish?

richm53

I am taking delivery on new Titanium Gray 545 this week and wondering best way to protect the paint. The dealer is trying to sell me Simonize 5 with teflon. I am thinking of a good wax or sealer like zaino. What do you think? The car is not garaged and I live in NY so it reallly needs protection. Thanks for answers

richm53 said:
I am taking delivery on new Titanium Gray 545 this week and wondering best way to protect the paint. The dealer is trying to sell me Simonize 5 with teflon. I am thinking of a good wax or sealer like zaino. What do you think? The car is not garaged and I live in NY so it reallly needs protection. Thanks for answers
Without a second thought or any doubt us 5 star shine, I first applied mine in Sep of last year and water still beads up and bird crap doesn't stick. My auto is not garaged either and living here in the south, the hot humid days are a real torture test for finishes. Go to the following url for your $10 off coupon. http://www.5starshine.com/

I did 2 silver cars this weekend using Menzerna finishing touch glaze and the fmj protectant and they came out great. Excellent depth and reflection that silver cars don't usually get.

Klasse All In One. Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. The stuff is very easy to apply by hand and easier with a machine. Use the AIO once then apply a layer of HGSG (you can do many layers of you want). They say it will last almost a year but I doubt that. I do it twice a year and I am in a very hot climate. My silver car looks great with that combo, but if I put a layer of P21S wax on top of it the finish is stunning.

[driving]

lpquick said:
Without a second thought or any doubt us 5 star shine, I first applied mine in Sep of last year and water still beads up and bird crap doesn't stick. My auto is not garaged either and living here in the south, the hot humid days are a real torture test for finishes. Go to the following url for your $10 off coupon. http://www.5starshine.com/
Don't be fooled by the marketing "hype".

For a HUGE profit you get a 2oz bottle of polish.

Please do not get caught up in the marketing scheme...,
Check out this web site below, their MAIN objection is to make money- LOTS of it and to prove it, they sell it for $79.99- ONLY enough to polish one vehicle...,

Heck, for that price, I can go up town and get my car professionally buffed and not even have to touch thecar, LOL!!

They specialize in "Marketing", "Money", LOTS of money, LOL!!

http://www.gorillamarketing.com/

For Silver I LOVE Klasse All in One and Klasse High Gloss sealant. You then top it off with P21S carnuaba Wax!
You can buy the Klasse and P21S from Autopia I will give you a little secret. If you buy the P21S dont. Go to a local Harley Davidson dealer and get S100. Its $14.95 versus $31.95 for the P21S.

jonw440 said:
For Silver I LOVE Klasse All in One and Klasse High Gloss sealant. You then top it off with P21S carnuaba Wax!
You can buy the Klasse and P21S from Autopia I will give you a little secret. If you buy the P21S dont. Go to a local Harley Davidson dealer and get S100. Its $14.95 versus $31.95 for the P21S.
That combo definately works, but I like the looks of 1Z products topped with Glanz better.

I agree with Malachi...,

The more I use the Einszett products, the more I like them, VERY nice shine(as well as very durable, long lasting shine!!)

Good! I just ordered their Paint Polish (green Can). I will let you know what I think of it after I try it. I didnt order the Glanz Wax. [bash] Next time I will. How does it compair to S100/P21S? Or #16?

jonw440 said:
Good! I just ordered their Paint Polish (green Can). I will let you know what I think of it after I try it. I didnt order the Glanz Wax. [bash] Next time I will. How does it compair to S100/P21S? Or #16?
If I were you I would order either 1Z Wax Polish Soft or Glanz.

Wax Polish Soft reminds me a lot of S100, in terms of looks but somehow I like it better...it seems to have more "substance" to it. Nothing I can back up, just a feeling. I just used this product this weekend for the first time.

Glanz is some awesome stuff. It looks great and provides protection. It replaced the Klasse twins on one of my cars.

Jon,
What are your thought on the performance of the "Green Can"?
I like it as a moderate/low polish and works in without drying great!!
Have you found the same?