Best way to get rid of nicks/scratches

Hi,

I have a black 01 325i. So many nicks from rocks have ended up on the front hood its starting to look really bad. What's the best way to get rid of these? I have some fine and some deep scratches too. I don't want to take it to the detailers and have them do a temporary thing that washes off with the next rain. Any ideas? Thx!

I don't think I'm following THAT close. I'm usually at least 2 car lengths behind the car in front on the freeway. I used to live in Fresno and around there are always construction trucks leaving rocks and stuff on the freeway. I can HEAR the rocks bouncing off my car when traveling at 70mph. The bra I got from the dealer only covers the very front of the car - just covering the BMW emblem. Guess I'll give the Mothers kit a try. Thanks guys!

Btw, if I follow close enough leaving an inch space to the car in front, wouldn't all the rocks just go under the car?? J/K [scratch]

Tom

Staff Team
eddo1 said:
Btw, if I follow close enough leaving an inch space to the car in front, wouldn't all the rocks just go under the car?? J/K [scratch]

Not that's a great idea.[:p]

I know how bad it is around the Frenso area. I grew up in the central valley and even bought my car from Weber BMW. [:D]

Yeah give that stuff a shot and let us know how it turns out.