Zymol creame wax. Is it good?

Big Daddy

I have been using Zymol wax for years and love it. I apply it with my bare hands using straight lines (no "wax on wax off moves") to a small area than immediately buff it off before it has a chance to dry. I had a 91 318is that I used nothing but Zymol on and even though it had 160+ miles on her when I sold her people still awed at the paint and how perfect it looked. If you garage your car and keep it clean it should last up to three months depending on the climate your in. I still use it on the roadster and even on my Chev pickup.

Which Zymol wax? I've seen several different types of paste waxes from them and wildly different prices. What's with the $100+ waxes? Are they intended for show cars only or are they worth getting for a car that is actually used?

[driving]

Big Daddy

I have used Zymol Creame, Carbon, Concours, and Z3 Glaze. I believe the Concours is about $150 retail, the Creame (for light finishes) and Carbon (for darker finishes) run about $39.00 ea. retail and the Z3 Glaze is $38.00 at HMS Motorsports. I used Concours on my 97 Z3 2.8 because the dealer used it to detail the car than gave me the wax, shortly thereafter Zymol put Z3 Glaze on the market and I began using that (a lot less expensive). I have not noticed a difference in the Concours and Z3 Glaze. The liquid wax sold at WalMart and Kmart is the least expensive, about $10.00 per bottle however I do not feel it lasts very long and I am not sure what the pure wax content is. I think they developed that for entry level.

Big Daddy

Just put it in the palm of your hand and then apply it in smooth strokes doing about four foot square at a time. The heat from your hands melts it and makes it go on easier. Do NOT let it dry to a haze and remenber to turn your cloth over frequently.