winter car washing???

ok what do you guys do for a car wash in the winter time? it's too cold to hand wash outdoors here in va. do you run your vehicle through the local car wash? i'm afraid to but it seems i don't have a choice. your thoughts?

I keep my car put up as much as i can, i am driving an expedition right now so I usually do not have to drive my car. You could take it to a auto car wash but i would make sure that the cleaning blades dont have dirt and rocks on them. Or just go spray it off yourself and keep the salt off it.

epj3

I wash my car every week. I don't know how well the seals are on the e46's but I will wash my car on any day thats around 30 degrees or higher. Even sitting overnight in sub 10 degree weather I never experienced frozen doors or the like.

Just make sure you take a dry rag and wipe ALL water off the door seals, and ues your remote to unlock/lock the doors. Shouldn't be too big of a problem. It's so important to keep the underbody clean too.

I do a quick hand wash avery couple of weeks when it is cold just to keep the dirt down. It isn't the best wash job but it is better than letting the dirt buid up.

I washed and waxed my car on a nice day in Dec. Currently it in the garage waiting for warm day after it rains. My cars is on a low sodium diet.

I use the car wash hand sprayers (no spot). They do a good job, but it usually need to be washed by had every month to month 1/2.

When I hand wash in the winter time, I fill my bucket with warm water and use dishwashing gloves.

Nataku said:
I washed and waxed my car on a nice day in Dec. Currently it in the garage waiting for warm day after it rains. My cars is on a low sodium diet.
My 330cic is on the same low sodium diet, snug in the garage since November. My daughter drives the 325i daily, it's due for a hand wash and I'm telling her that Sunday look like the opportunity.

I use my local machine wash place. I know people hate to use it and I am not saying it's great, but the track does not do any damage to my wheels (a common nightmare for low-profile vehicle owners), it is fast and easy, and it gets the job done. Only once or twice a winter I will hand-wash my car, only on a warmer day, and then I wax it in the garage.

vpm

try connecting a regular garden hose to your laundry tub - sink, you get nice warm water. Just dont spend all day. You can wash in the garage with the door open...