??? Which One ???

redryder64

Ok, I am in the market for a daily driver to save the miles on my truck... and money on fuel! I have looked at the 3 series for awhile and have found 2 really clean, in great shape cars.

The first is a 2000 328ci coupe
97000 miles, red, 5 speed Manual

The second is a 2001 325i sedan
96000 miles, dark blue, automatic

Both are priced in the 11,900 neighborhood...

I'm looking for opinions on which one would be the best in the long run... I really like both cars and so that is one of the reasons for bringing it to you, the forum members!

I drive a 6 speed [driving2] now so the shifting gears isn't a problem although the auto does sound nice for the city driving!

This is my daily driver now and although it gets 15-19 mpg (even w/ the 6inch lift, 4x4, and 35's), with diesel being $4 a gallon and the tires being $400 A PIECE, I think it's time for a second car to get the groceries and run to work!

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck and can afford to drive it, I just want to save the value! It is a 2005 and I already have 107000 miles on it! I drive a lot![;)]

Thanks in advance for all your help! I am a member of a Diesel Truck forum for Dodge trucks and have found it to be a wealth of knowledge and information so I though I would try the same here! [clap]

Thanks again for the help!
Jason

The 328's going to be a little quicker since it has a few extra horses and a stick. Mileage is going to be identical. I think it's more of whether you want 2 doors or 4. Do you use all 4 doors of your truck a lot? If so, get the 325. If not, go with the 328. And maybe one seller is more willing to negotiate.

Big Daddy

I agree with Pete and will add that where I live checking NADA, the Coupe has a higher resale value by about 2k at high retail. Good luck with your purchase and welcome to the board.

redryder64

Thanks guys for the help! The sedan was sold the next day and the coupe had a couple of issues upon further inspection... like the drivers side door handle was hard to get to release and the go pedal was hard to press along with the tint starting to peel.... little things that added up to the price being wrong!

So I'm still on the hunt! I'm not in a great hurry so I'll take my time and find just the right one! And with the advice I received here I have better tools now to make the decision!

Thanks again, you guys rock! [pray]

[cheers]