wax types

Hey, I'm just wondering what type of wax you guys use. So far I've been using mother's Carnauba cleaner wax and it works well. Is they anything that works even better?

If you are looking for durability, Zaino, Klasse and Einszett Glanz are very long lasting.
(much longer than any of the local brands)
Plus, there is no staining the trim, dust when polishing or wax build-up in the door jambs, etc...
All are Much easier to use too:)

Even though not classified as a wax, I've had excellent results with Klasse AIO and SG - produces a crisp, clean shine. Also use it on the wheels making it a bit easier to clean them.

f1racer77 said:
Hey, I'm just wondering what type of wax you guys use. So far I've been using mother's Carnauba cleaner wax and it works well. Is they anything that works even better?
For "off the shelf" 1 step type wax, you have one of the best. You may want to try Mequiars NXT, you may get a little more of a wet look.

Wax??

I have used them all Mother's. Meguire's, etc. Currently I am using "Nano wax/polish" by Eagle One. I have very pleased witht the results. Look it up on the web, very interesting product.

Audible

You can buy Klasse at Autogeek.net. They sell it in a kit with All in One and High Gloss Sealant Glaze in a box with an applicator and instructions. Decent price.

[driving2]

GMILLION1

zymol

no one has mentioned what i personally think is the best. ZYMOL
i use zymol "carbon" wax for darker finish cars. it has a higher level of
carnuba than normal to accentuate the darker finishes. it's all natural also.

it gives my car the best shine of all that i have tried.

aNoodle

1000 Post Club
I must have at least 8 different waxes in the garage. Right now I've been pretty pleased with BMW wax from the dealership and 3M Paste Wax and Rain-X paste wax.

Other great waxes and sealants are made by Poorboys, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, and P21S. First you need to decide if you want to use wax, sealant, or both. Check out Detailcity or autopia for great in depth discussions on different brands and types of wax.

Depends what you want....

Quick, not too much trouble and great slick look: Ps21 Carnuba
Longer detailing session with deep shine, tremendous beading: Klasse twins, Zaino

Ive tried and used both.

In Canada we have a short driving season, wait,.... what time is it? oops its over! its actually about 4 months so I pamper the 330ci for those months then at end of season put on the strongest protection possible: many layers of Klasse AIO, SG and then PS21 Carnuba.

But do this: get some waffle-weave drying towels and Microfiber buffing towels and never, never let anyone or anything else touch the car!

That's my 1.6 cents worth!

Good luck!