touch free car wash at gas station

Would you guys trust the quick touchfree car wash at a gas station? Just wondering because I want a quick way to get all the salt/sand off the car for times I don't have time to take it my buddy's shop to hand wash my bimmer. Anyway, any thoughts?

Thanks!

Big Daddy

I have used them when I lived in Idaho. During the winter I would use them to knock off the weekly grime and road dirt. Just prior to the arrival of winter I would make sure that I had a good coat of wax on the car, as I really do not like the harsh soaps that those things use.

Just put the hard top on a few weeks ago and did the first touch free wash last weekend. The results were less then what we were hoping for. It did quite a louse job at getting all the salt off, the car still needed washing. The foam brush self service was way better then the touch free was. Next time it will be the self sevide foam brush again.

It could be because the road salt has been incredible this year, if it was less then maybe it would have been better, but I was disappointed.

even touchless car washes are not trustworthy, no matter what they use or say, dont trust them unless you drive a ford, or you just dont care to mess up your car. you should always have some sort of wax on the car, every 5-7 months if you dont detail it, the wax is usually disolved by then and its time to wash, buff, and rewax. if there is wax on the car, take a nice soft cloth and you should be able to wipe the dirt right off, or simply spray it off with water...light shower. if you want a good long lasting wax for the winter, find a local detail product warehouse...ie auto magic or car brite...and ask for pure carnauba wax... http://www.toponemall.com/xwutsrpnecba.html...like the top item on that page. dont buy some weird off brand though...it'll be crap worthy. pure carnauba will hold up all winter long through salt, snow, mud, road tar...and if it doesnt, its not pure carnauba. after winter strip of that wax with a hot bath for your car, literally hot water, it takes wax off real easy, and apply a softer wax. the carnauba is really only used during the winter months, it doest stand up to heat very well. i own a detail shop, so i know this for fact, not just talking out my butt.

what products do most of you all use here anyway? i was thinking about maybe selling some of the products i use over the net, pro-detail chemicals, got to love 'em!