Pre-owned purchase dilemma

AT_hiker

Hi everyone, I am torn between the following two cars and need your advice to make a decision....

1) 06 325XI 12k miles from non bmw dealer for $30K - Nav, Premium Pkg, and cold pkg
2) 06 330Xi 24K miles from a local bmw dealer for $30k - Prem Pkg and sound upgrade and cold pkg

I tested drive both :

#1 still look n smell like new but it's not CPO so only factory warranty left.
#2 in ok shape but rotor has rust (from sitting on the open lot ?). But it is CPO so has additional 2yr and 50k ext warr. And it's a 330 but extra 10K miles on the odometer.

Being the same price I felt #1 is nicer and enough power for me but #2 is CPO.

Questions: I know I can get ext bmw warr for #1 now for ~2500 but can I get it at a later time like when the factory warr is expiring ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Big Daddy

Considering the information you have provided I would buy the 330. You can never have enough or too much power! You must realize too the CPO is worth a lot and the resale on a 330 is going to be considerably higher than the 325. 10k is nothing on a well cared for BMW. By the way, welcome to the Board!

IN damp weather the rotor can develop surface rust in just a week or two. It will scrape right off the first time the brakes are applied. Not a problem at all.