Newbie Questions

NateS

All,

Just layed down the funds and will receive my first bimmer in about 10 days from the performance center.

Have read a lot of posts about taking care of my baby, but I have a few moronic questions remaining.

1. Do we polish and wax the fiberglass ground effects like we do the metal parts of the body?

2. What is good for keeping the chrome edging clean?

3. I have grey leather for the interior, what is a good leather cleaner and conditioner for a light color like grey?

Thanks,

NateS, take some pictures when you get your car. As for the chrome, as long as you keep it clean (wash the chrome when you wash the car, and make sure to dry it off with a towel to avoid water spots), the chrome will keep shining strong. It is a good idea to polish the chrome once in a while, such as with the Einszett Chrome Polish (Einszett Chrom-pflege) that Wayne recommended.

NateS

Leather Work

Thanks for your comments,

Digging through the various websites with all the products, these kits seem like a good idea for a novice like me.

As such, 1Z Einszett Leather Care (Lederpflege), comes in one of those kits.

Do you think this would be safe for a grey leather interior? any experience with it?

I know you recommended Lexol previously....just checking on this as it comes in a kit for knuckleheads like me.. [chair]

Appreciate any thoughts.