Microfiber from Target

Tom

Staff Team
Those are junk and are probably the same ones you can get from Costco or WalMart. They might feel and look the same brand new, but the durability isn't there.

I agree with Tom...,
Compared to a quality MicroFiber, there is NO Comparision.
Low preformance, low quality control(in some cases- no quality control), as Tom stated, low durability, possible linting, marring, etc, etc...,
In this case, you usually get what you pay for:)

I would stay away from Target towels. We purchased some regular towels at Target a while back and they were the absolute worst we’ve ever purchased. We noticed an EXTENSIVE amount of lint after washing and drying so we repeated the process again, and then a third time before throwing them away.

Brands may look the same but manufacturers routinely make inferior product for sale at lower prices at discount stores.

The only way to get high quality MicroFiber is by ordering on the internet...,
Local stores do not carry the quality towels and accessories..., only the high profit, cheap to buy, mass produced towels..., Which works out good for me:)

Do not buy microfiber towels from Target. I bought some. Happily I never touched them to my paint. They felt rough. I use them for dusting off my workbench. They are nowhere near the quality of the Cobra towels I use now (I bought a bunch of those before Wayne appeared here).

Buy the good stuff. It is worth the cost.

[nono]

ref

Sams sells a bundle of yellow mf towels real cheap. They are pretty good except they leave lint on windows. I hope they get better after washing them a few times.

jonw440 said:
For a quick scratch test rub the MF on a blank CD. If it scratches it probably scratch paint. If not you should be safe.
Scratching is not the only concern, but, IMO, is one of the top concerns.

Performance, IMO, is the big concern(which would include scratching).
I have tested many towels and although to the touch they feel soft, they fall short when it comes to soaking up water, durability(long lasting), polishing, etc.

To the touch, two towels can "feel" the same, however, it is the "little differences" that make a "big difference".

Many of the retail towels are indeed microfiber, however, the difference is not only in price, but in the manufacturing process and quality or raw materials beforehand.

For example, a quality towel will have the ends split(adds much to the expense of the process).
This is one process that will make a big difference when testing performance side by side(as well as a higher price, again, an example of "getting what you pay for".

In choosing a good product, in most cases, there is two thoughts, "quality and price".

When paying for an automobile (big $$$), it is best, IMO, to not skimp when it comes to purchasing products for the up-keep of the vehicle..., in my mind it does not make sense to pay $30, 000&up for a car, only to turn around and try to save a buck using an inferior product on such a big investment, whether it is detailing supplies(a repaint is very expensive), cheap oil, cheap gas, cheap replacement parts, etc, etc... whan you have a lot of money invested, IMO, it is best to care for it the best way possible and when it comes time to sell your vehicle, you will indeed get top dollar for it.

I personally keep my vehicles in new condition and whenever it is time to sell, I always gt more than book value because of the condition, not only the condition of the paint, but interior and renning gear as well...,
People do not seem to mind paying a premium for a well taken care of vehicle vs. the average vehicle.

Just my .02 on the subject:)