Griot's Garage Stuff: Any Good?

VaderDave

What are your opinions on Griot's Garage products? I get their catalog (I don't know how I got on their mailing list) and I have ordered some of their stuff. I really like it, but I notice that not very many people here have mentioned them.

What's the deal?

Big Daddy

Even though they are only about 20 minutes from my house I have never been there. Sure they have a lot of good stuff, but as wood_e says, you can find the same or similar products for a lot less elsewhere!

VaderDave

Griot's Garage

Yes, I have noticed that they are a bit more expensive than some of the stuff that I've seen at the store.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had any horror stories. I have been really happy with their stuff, but it's always nice to get some extra input. Thanks.

PoorGuyX3

I use the Speed Shine and Paint Cleaning Clay from them.

Speed Shine is GREAT to use between waxings. It makes the surface look beautiful. The paint cleaning clay is simply amazing. I used it on an older car I had and it made the paint new again. Very little effort also.

These 2 products really make the car look great. I have not found any products out there to match the quality.

jimwh

Their wheel cleaner is pretty good and approved by BBS. have also heard that the Vynal & Rubber dressing is quite good, but it sure is pricey. You're better off (in some cases) finding other sources.

Some of the items that they sell under their "exclusive" name label are available elsewhere under the real manufacturer's name, at a lower cost.

Kirby said:
Some of the items that they sell under their "exclusive" name label are available elsewhere under the real manufacturer's name, at a lower cost.
I've noticed that too. Autosport catalog and California Car Cover catalog have some of the same products for a bit less. I still like their wheel cleaner though--works great.