Bumper scrape suggestions

I would like some advice. I took my silver 530 into the city last weekend and some rude person's car had the gall to touch the left front bumper of my car in a parking lot. [V]

There is a white scrape, about 3-4cm wide and 1cm high; it is not gouged. Since it is white and flat I think it is paint from some lesser vehicle but I'm not sure.

What is the best way to deal with this other than take it to a body shop? I am willing to do some work (I have a PC random orbital buffer) but what would you folks do? My baby is hurt.

Also, if it needs painting, have any of you had problems with getting a good match with metalic paint?

[driving2]

dewey325

You can try 2 things, you can try to clay bar it, if that does not work you can use a light compound or swirl remover to take it off. If its the other cars paint you should be good to go.
Poorboys SSR 2.5 is one of my favorites. You can get it at Superior Detail Supplies
You can get clay there too.
Good luck

It was white paint on my bumper. I was starting to detail the car today. My first step is usually removing bugs from the bumper and windshield--I use Porsche Tequipment insect remover (I love the stuff). After spraying it on and waiting a few minutes I whiped off the bugs and ran my cloth over the white scrape and it came right off. Then I washed the car as usual. The bumper looks as good as new. No need for buffing at all. I'm in a good mood now, relaxiing with a Corona and getting ready to wax the car. Thought I'd share with everyone. [clap]

[driving2]

Tom

Staff Team
DRWWE said:
It was white paint on my bumper. I was starting to detail the car today. My first step is usually removing bugs from the bumper and windshield--I use Porsche Tequipment insect remover (I love the stuff). After spraying it on and waiting a few minutes I whiped off the bugs and ran my cloth over the white scrape and it came right off. Then I washed the car as usual. The bumper looks as good as new. No need for buffing at all. I'm in a good mood now, relaxiing with a Corona and getting ready to wax the car. Thought I'd share with everyone. [clap]

[driving2]

Nice! Glad everything came out fine. [cheers]

I got some touch up paint and clear coat via an offer that's going on (was) on bimmerforums. The deal is still going on (the guy's still selling paint via ebay), but the thread is closed. You can read to get further info for color ordering - I got mine, and it worked great on a few scrapes I had on my front bumper..

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167153&page=1&pp=25&highlight=clumpymold+paint

If you read through the thread (yes, 12 pages..) you'll also see links to another company that offers color coded paint in spray cans.

Worth the read if you need touch up paint.