2007 Bmw 323i

ML25CA

Hi

My car does not have an engine temperature gauge in the dash board. I checked the computer on the dash board and noticed options such as Oil Level, Milage, but no engine temperature information.

Just curious?

thanks ahead of time.

ML25CA

It must use an idiot light? Not sure what your question is, if it doesn't have a guage you'd know better than us.
Man you seem to be super helpful..... I basically wanted to know if anyone else with a 2007 323i new how to tell what the cars engine temperature was at any given time.

What's with the idiot light comment?

Big Daddy

Older cars, and I guess some newer cars by other brands do not have an actual guage they had a light in the dash that would come on during a malfunction, such as overheating, they were called "idiot lights". As far as your sarcastic comment on being helpful re-read your original post, "just curious" is not a question, so I stated I was not sure what the question was. Maybe this will help: Idiot Light

ML25CA

Older cars, and I guess some newer cars by other brands do not have an actual guage they had a light in the dash that would come on during a malfunction, such as overheating, they were called "idiot lights". As far as your sarcastic comment on being helpful re-read your original post, "just curious" is not a question, so I stated I was not sure what the question was. Maybe this will help: Idiot Light
My Bad.... Thanks for the response.

Anyone with a 2007 323I, Let me know if their is a way to view the engine temperature.

thanks

The oil temperature gauge is pretty much the engine temperature gauge for the 3 series.

If the oil temperature rises to 75% or higher, then u have a problem. Normally it should be around 55 to 60% on the 3 series.

If you are so paranoid about having to know the engine temperature, you can always install an aftermarket guage. But, it would pretty much be useless, as the built-in oil temperature gauge is good enough.

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Yeah I read an article..(or was it a response to a question in a car mag...I can't remember) saying something about the cars of the 90's doing away with the engine temperature gauge since it was considered a bit redundant included with an oil temp gauge. My '99 5er doesnt have a engine temp gauge either..but it does have an oil temp gauge..the two are pretty interchangeable these days....

ML25CA

Yeah I read an article..(or was it a response to a question in a car mag...I can't remember) saying something about the cars of the 90's doing away with the engine temperature gauge since it was considered a bit redundant included with an oil temp gauge. My '99 5er doesnt have a engine temp gauge either..but it does have an oil temp gauge..the two are pretty interchangeable these days....
that's right. My car has 4 gauges but oil/engine temperature is not one of them? Everyone I tell, they seem surprised. I will ask the dealer the next time I am in.